Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Book Review: Lace & Lead

I'm not much for the 'damsel in distress' type of story but this one really hooked me. Emma is a fierce little rich girl that has been through hell and back at the hands of her own family. Pierce is an aloof mystery that I was dying to peel the layers from. This book kept me awake late into the night, something that hasn't happened in a long time. I couldn't stop reading! I give it a solid four stars and I would definitely read more by this author. It is a good length novella that is well priced.

Two pet peeves of mine were struck with this one. The cover didn't feel as though it fit the book and neither did the title. Beyond that there isn't anythingI didn't like.

The heat level on this one is hot, though I'd hesitate to call it full fledged erotica. There is one sex scene that is smoking hot but not quite 'eyes wide open'.


Review disclaimer: I received an advanced ARC of Lace & Lead from the publisher through NetGalley. I was not paid in any way for this review beyond the fact that the ARC was provided for free and that did not affect this review in any way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment